Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How I Got My Sunburn :)

Saturday, July 12, 2008: The day.
Normal stuff. No huge thing to report, except that we had fun doing random stuff, but nothing really Anecdotal. Just a good day, all-around.

Saturday, July 12, 2008: The night.
Wicked freaking Awesome! We, as in: John (Joe's dad), Betty (John's Girlfriend), Joe (le fiancee), Me, Krissy (Betty's Daughter), Dominic (Krissy's Son), Tina (Joe's Sister), Tony (Tina's Husband), Kaylin (T&T's 4-year-old daughter), and Anthony (T&T's 10-month-old son). Ten people, in a max-10-people boat. We're not on good terms with Krissy, but that doesn't mean we have to be evil and make her miss out on it, or just us miss out on it, so we played nice :) I always play nice, honestly. Unless you make me really mad~ but i'm friendly~ :)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Sunday, July 13, 2008: The morning.
Wake up at 9:00 instead of 10:00 by mistake my messing up the alarm clock. D'oh. Play an online game until my dad can take me to subway to get food for while we're out on the boat. We leave in less than an hour, and I get my Five Dolla' Foot Long~ and head over to Joe's. everyone's still sleeping, so we just chill until we're ready to leave.

Sunday, July 13, 2008: The Day.
We take off down the road after getting gas, yada yada; we get to the docks, blah blah blah; we get in the boat and are getting ready, yackity smackity; and we realize: the two Infant Life Vests are still at home! So Krissy and Tina take Anthony and Dominic with them whole they go back to fetch them, so we take the boat out for a spin first. I'm SLATHERED in suntan oil, and am stunned by the beauty of the sea. I feel romantic, like I can feel the sea beneath me, water pushing prow, boat sluicing through waves, just completely enraptured in the sight, feel, and salty smell. I now know how wonderful the sea is, and why Elliott Lurie proclaimed "my life, my love and my lady, are the sea". I may not be in love with the sea (I love Joey far too much), but I can definitely see the attraction and wonder. The horizons! Are beautiful! And the clouds and the crystal clear sky and wonderful rays of sun. The earth is nature, and the sea is the exclamation point on it.

Sunday, July 13, 2008: Babysitting.
Not really, but adorable Kaylin things i'm her personal food-slave. She likes her future Auntie :) She was even saying no to her beloved Nana (Betty). In this process, and because I was on the right side of the boat and Kaylin stood to the left of where I was stretched out to tan, I got saltwater spraying all over my right side, and a mixture of Oreo Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pringles, Cheese Doodles, Water, Sprite, Iced Tea, and Kaylin's Saliva all over my left side. MESSY. (But I got cleaned off later, so it's all good.)

Sunday, July 13, 2008: The night.
Sunburn hurts like a bitch.

No comments: