Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sorry for the posting delay!

Was enjoying LiFE to it's fullest today! and Yesterday! And here is why.

Saturday, July 12, 2008: The Morning
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

*moody music goes here* Saturday. The day of the week in which you sleep in. Five-thirty eight in the morning. My lids creak slowly open to a stirring sound, pulling me from a trance-like sleep. I glance wearily over to my father, silhouetted against the door-frame.

"Chrissy," the voice speaks. "Would you mind locking the door after me? I have to go to Pennsylvania and I don't have a key." Blearily I nod my tired head. I rose out of bed, and make my way to the door, wave bye, lock the door, and head back to my room. I lay back down.

Then I turn over. Then my leg itches. I turn back over. Adjust pants. Can't quite seem to get the blanket back how it was. Get up, wave it around to smooth it out out, and drape it over myself. Wrong pillow, switch pillows. Turn over. Start to sweat, throw covers off. Continue to sweat, turn over. Wait a moment. Get up in frustration and turn fan on. Get cold. Cover up. Get hot. Turn fan off and lay without blanket. Cool down. Turn over. Get hot. Get up, turn fan, light, and computer on. The time is six nineteen.

I then proceed to go on the computer, download a bunch of really fun, very addictive games from Big Fish Games and play one. By the time the hour-long free trial is up, it is 7:45, and the phone is ringing. I answer, it is my father. I talk a bit, tell him no, the baby is not up. No, neither is Grandma. Okay, call about the Tattoo about One. Okay, bye. Grab Dogbert's Clues for the Clueless, and head into the bathroom to put a face mask on and read. Finish taking off Face mask at about 8:15, phone rings again. It is my Grandma's sister, Elli. I am informed that I am to wake up my Grandma and brother, as she is going to be at the house in 10-15 minutes. Great. Do that, go back into my room. Elli gets here about nine. About 9:07, the phone rings again. Oh, my god. I am not supposed to be awake until 1:30, I just laid down figuring they wouldn't bug me, and now this?

Knock, knock, knock, click.
Grandma comes in, holding the freaking phone. Jesus H-fucking-Christ. It is Joseph, my lovely fiancee, waking me up at what is essentially the crack of dawn, to announce that we had visitors. I started feeling the urge to strangle an answer to, "Who showed up at your house at NINE in the morning, sweetie? What with our friends having daytime jobs, you know that we never have surprise visitors!" (I may have really only grunted and whined and said "What? But i'm sleeping! Urghhhh, Who!?") And then he said something amazing.

"Tina and Tony!" (His awesome sister and brother-in-law, with their adorable kids and two cute dogs.) SWEET! We have been bored out of our minds and stressed out, a surprise week-long visit from the Floridian Family was really just the ticket! I hurried to get ready to go see them, even applying full makeup since we hadn't seen them in a few months.

"On my way over!"



*P.S. the blog post just before this one is from when my dad woke me up at 5. You'll see it. I was blah and weird, lol.

No comments: